Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Genius Hour

Over the next 6 weeks I am going to ask myself, can I learn how to sew? I chose this topic because I love to make things for myself. Also, I think sewing is a great skill to have. You never know when you'll need to sew a button onto your shirt or fix a hem on your pants. 

One obstacle I have to face is finding a sewing machine. As far as I know, no one in my family knows how to sew. I'll have to look around and maybe even buy my own machine. To do so wouldn't be a waste of money because if all goes well, I will continue learning and practicing, even after this project comes to an end.

Ultimately, my goal with this project is to be able to sew my own clothes. I think it would be awesome to strut around in my original, hand made clothes. I also want to be able to fix my own clothes if they rip or something falls off. I will give my best effort and hopefully i will be successful.

2 comments:

  1. Making your own clothes would definitely make a person want to strut around! You made me laugh with that! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewing is very easy but can be very frustrating. I hope you have success with your genius hour.

    ReplyDelete