Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A slow start

At the beginning of this week I didn't really get that much done. I was busy and my machine is still broken. My English teacher gave me a great idea to go ask one of the nice ladies at Jo Anne's store to help me learn how to use a sewing machine. I haven't gotten the opportunity to go yet, but I definitely want to go see what they can help me with.

Im also planning on getting the machine alanna let me borrow fixed so I can work from home as well. We scheduled a day for alannas grandmother to see what happened to it. As of right now, I haven't made much progress this week.

I'm thinking I might do some sewing by hand in the mean time just to practice and get a feel for how everything works, and so I have something to do until I get a sewing machine I can use. If I do it by hand, I'll need to start with something simple. Maybe a pillow! I'll do some more research and start as soon as I get the chance!

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up! I think sewing by hand might help you understand more about how the machine works. I also think you should see if there are other ways to do some sewing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely try sewing by hand. You might even just experiment with different stitches on a scrap piece of fabric. Let the artist in you come out as you do it. Notice the different effects different stitches have.

    ReplyDelete